KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Oct. 11) — Christmas will come early for one Chevy car enthusiast this year. But those interested better act quick.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Sept. 30)
BRISTOL, Tenn (Sept. 26) — Rain put a chill on the final day of the Bristol Super Chevy Show at Bristol Dragway on Sunday.
Racing in four sportsman classes was canceled and the car show received limited participation, putting a damper on the three-day event, which included the Fas Mart Thunder Valley Mayhem on Saturday.
Saturday also produced awards for the Editors Top 10 and Specialty Awards for the car show as well the Editors’ Drag Race Top 10.
Randall Matheson,of Jonesbarough, Tenn., was the top choice for the Editors’ Top 10 for his ’68 Camaro. Mike Ballew, of Burnsville, N.C., was the top winner for the Drag Race Top 10, winning with his ’65 Chevelle.
Here is the complete list of winners:
EDITORS TOP 10 AWARDS
- Randall Matheson, Jonesbarough, Tenn., ’68 Camaro
- Teddy McClure, Chilhowie, Va., ’68 Belair
- Dennis Bunton, Statesville, N.C., ’55 Chevy Truck
- D.T. Jeter, Bristol, Tenn., ’70 Nova
- Robert and Keith Crane, Morganton, N.C., ’56 210 Sedan
- Gerald Copeland, Tifton, Ga., ’67 Corvette
- David Durst, Cumberland, Md., ’72 Monte Carlo
- Carroll Rhodes, Hendersonville, N.C., ’64 Chevelle
- Nick Blevins, Manchester, Ky., ’69 Camaro
- Ken Nester, Lenair City, Tenn., ’61 Impala
DRAG RACE EDITORS TOP 10
- Mike Ballew, Burnsville, N.C., ’65 Chevelle
- Joe Reeves, Independance, Va., ’55 Chevy
- Name unavailable, ’57 Chevy
- Terry Davis, Wytheville, Va., ’66 Chevelle
- Tim Peters, Mt. Jackson, Va., ’68 Chevelle
- Melony Peters, Hannover, Pa., ’72 Vega
- Justin West, Dunn, N.C., ’69 Camaro
- James McDonalds, Inwood, W. Va., ’71 Nova
- Cody Mitchell, Little Creek, Ky., ’85 Camaro
Transport — Mark Halbman, Menomonee Falls, Wisc., ’57 Chevy Belair
ISCA Award — Flip Bost, Statesville, N.C., ’61 Chevy Impala
Trick Stick — Humbert Wright, Gibsonville, N.C., ’62 Corvette
Young Star — Michael Payne, Elizabethtown, Tenn., ’81 Camaro