KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Sept. 30)
BRISTOL, Tenn (Sept. 26) — Rain put a chill on the final day of the Bristol Super Chevy Show at Bristol Dragway on Sunday.
Racing in four sportsman classes was canceled and the car show received limited participation, putting a damper on the three-day event, which included the Fas Mart Thunder Valley Mayhem on Saturday.
Saturday also produced awards for the Editors Top 10 and Specialty Awards for the car show as well the Editors’ Drag Race Top 10.
Randall Matheson,of Jonesbarough, Tenn., was the top choice for the Editors’ Top 10 for his ’68 Camaro. Mike Ballew, of Burnsville, N.C., was the top winner for the Drag Race Top 10, winning with his ’65 Chevelle.
Here is the complete list of winners:
EDITORS TOP 10 AWARDS
- Randall Matheson, Jonesbarough, Tenn., ’68 Camaro
- Teddy McClure, Chilhowie, Va., ’68 Belair
- Dennis Bunton, Statesville, N.C., ’55 Chevy Truck
- D.T. Jeter, Bristol, Tenn., ’70 Nova
- Robert and Keith Crane, Morganton, N.C., ’56 210 Sedan
- Gerald Copeland, Tifton, Ga., ’67 Corvette
- David Durst, Cumberland, Md., ’72 Monte Carlo
- Carroll Rhodes, Hendersonville, N.C., ’64 Chevelle
- Nick Blevins, Manchester, Ky., ’69 Camaro
- Ken Nester, Lenair City, Tenn., ’61 Impala
DRAG RACE EDITORS TOP 10
- Mike Ballew, Burnsville, N.C., ’65 Chevelle
- Joe Reeves, Independance, Va., ’55 Chevy
- Name unavailable, ’57 Chevy
- Terry Davis, Wytheville, Va., ’66 Chevelle
- Tim Peters, Mt. Jackson, Va., ’68 Chevelle
- Melony Peters, Hannover, Pa., ’72 Vega
- Justin West, Dunn, N.C., ’69 Camaro
- James McDonalds, Inwood, W. Va., ’71 Nova
- Cody Mitchell, Little Creek, Ky., ’85 Camaro
Transport — Mark Halbman, Menomonee Falls, Wisc., ’57 Chevy Belair
ISCA Award — Flip Bost, Statesville, N.C., ’61 Chevy Impala
Trick Stick — Humbert Wright, Gibsonville, N.C., ’62 Corvette
Young Star — Michael Payne, Elizabethtown, Tenn., ’81 Camaro
BRISTOL, Tenn (Sept. 25) — Saturday was another solid day at the Bristol Super Chevy Show.
The ninth event of the 10-race national touring series, with a draw of the famed Transaurus and the Nitro Extreme Pro Mods as part of the Fas Mart Thunder Valley Mayhem, drew car enthusiasts in droves to Bristol Dragway, attracting nearly 600 racers and car show participants, a sold-out swap meet and 6,000 spectators.
The Bristol Super Chevy Show will conclude on Sunday, with another car show and sportsman racing competition in four categories. The Nitro Extreme Pro Mods will also take to the track with two sessions.
Car Show Report: The first car show of the weekend, including the Bowtie Boulevard, drew 250 participants, with 10 being recognized for the Editor’s Choice Top 10 Awards.
Race Report: The big attraction was the Fas Mart Thunder Valley Mayhem, but some 340 sportsman racers also took to the track for time trials and a bonus race. They will return to compete Sunday in four eliminators.
|Participant Parking & Registration||Gates open at 8 am|
|Car Show Registration||8 am – 10:30 am|
|Racers for Christ Chapel Service||8:30 am|
|Racer Tech Inspection||Opens at 8 am|
|Racer Time Trials||9 am-Noon|
|Car Show Judging Seminar||10:30 am|
|Sunday Bracket Race||Begins at 1 pm|
|Pro Show||1:30 pm & 3:30 pm|
|Car Show Series Event Awards||4 pm|