Comments Off on Super Chevy Show Event Details- Denver, CO
– Race Participant $65
– (includes 2 Fri time trials, 2 Sat time trials & eliminations)
– Friday Bonus Race* $35
– Friday LS Shootout pres by Corvette Connection* $35
*purchase at the Coors Light Tech Building
– Saturday Car Show $35
– Bow-Tie Boulevard (non-judged show area) $25
– 2-Day Pass Adult Spectator $28
– Friday Adult Spectator $12
– Friday Child (12 & Under) FREE
– Saturday Adult Spectator $20
– Saturday Junior (6-12) $5
– Saturday Child (5 & Under) FREE
– Saturday Parking (per car) $5
FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2016
– Stacking will begin 6:00 am
– Gates Open 9:00 am
– Time Trials 1:00 pm
– Bonus Race & LS Shootout 7:00 pm
SATURDAY, AUGUST 13, 2016
– Gates Open 8:00 am
– Car Show Registration 8:00 am
– Time Trials 9:00 am
– Eliminations (All Classes) 2:00 pm
– Car Show 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
– Show Awards 4:30pm
– Electronics and non-electronics separated until round 5, then combined on a ladder. Cross talk class.
– $1,000 guaranteed to winner. Runner-up & Semi’s are based on car count.
LS SHOOTOUT presented by Corvette Connection
– Any LS type motor in any GM product may run this class including C7 Corvettes, DOT street tires required, no electronics.
– Handicap style bracket racing, .500 full tree
– No electronics. No transmission brakes.
– Winner gets $450 dyno & tuning package at Corvette Connection. Runner-up $100, Semi-Finalist $50 sponsored by Corvette Connection. And trophies to Winner, Runner-Up, and Semi-Finalists.
DRIVEDURACELL.COM BRACKET 1 (Super Pro)
– Electronics allowed. Cross talk class. 7.00 – 11.99
– Laddered 4th round.
– $2,000 guaranteed to winner. Runner-up/Semi’s/Quarter’s are based on car count.
BRACKET 2 (Pro)
– No electronics. Transmission brakes allowed. 7.00 – 19.99 seconds
– Laddered 4th round.
– $1,500 guaranteed to winner. Runner-up/Semi’s/Quarter’s are based on car count.
GEN 5 CAMARO CHALLENGE presented by Stevinson Chevrolet
– Street legal, plates/insurance, DOT tires & mufflers, no delay boxes/throttle stops (no electronics)
– open to any ET, DOT tires & mufflers are required. No electronics. No transmission brakes
– $1,000 guaranteed to winner. Runner-up/Semi’s/Quarter’s are based on car count.
Original Parts Group
Best Rat Rod: Van Hallen 1950 Truck No Runner Up
Best Classic: Donny Bright 1954 Belair Runner Up- Mike Reeves 1956 Nomad
Best Low Rider: Raul Rangel 1965 Impala No Runner Up
Hot Rod/Pre Street: Ricky Carpenter 1966 Nova Runner Up -Hilbert Lopez 1969 Nova
Daily Driver: Joni Mauldin 2015 Camaro Runner Up -David Reed 2016 Corvette
Sports Car: Neil Hodgson 1959 Corvette Runner Up- Jeff Clausen 2009 Z1
Muscle Car: Bob MacQuin 1979 Camaro Runner Up -Johnny Minshaw 1967 Chevelle
Truck: Wayne Terry C10 Runner Up -Chris Patton 1962 Truck
Chevy Special Awards
Outstanding Chevy: Wayne Terry C10 Truck
Outstanding Engineered: Hilbert Lopez 1969 Nova
Outstanding Paint: Roland Christian 1933 Sedan
Outstanding Interior: Bob MacQuinn 1979 Camaro
Outstanding Engine: Donny & Freda Bright 1954 Chevrolet
Outstanding Workmanship: Mad Dog Dodson 1956 210
Outstanding Wheels: David Reed 2016 Corvette
Best of Show-Chevy: Ricky Carpenter 1966 Nova
Best Engineered: Wayne Terry C10 Chevy Truck
Best Paint: Douglas Roe 1932 Ford Coupe
Best Interior: Bob MacQuinn 1979 Chevy Camaro
Best Engine: Paul Warwick 1932 Ford Coupe
Best Wheels: David Reed 2016 Chevy Corvette
Best Workmanship: Mad Dog Dodson 1956 Chevy 210
Ford Vs Chevy Best of Show: Ricky Carpenter 1966 Chevy Nova vs Douglas Roe 1932 Ford Coupe
Winner: Ricky Carpenter 1966 Chevy Nova
Comments Off on New England Dragway Added to 2016 Super Chevy Show Schedule
World’s Largest All-Chevrolet Drag Race and Car Show Boasts 12-Race Slate
READING, Pa. – The Super Chevy Show series, owned by SCSW, LLC, will return to Epping, N.H., for the first time in 10 years, make its first appearance in Shreveport, La., and work with a new management team in Topeka, Kan., as part of a 12-state tour that features some of the quickest and most aesthetically-pleasing Chevrolets on the planet.
Everything from Corvettes to Corvairs, Impalas to El Caminos, Camaros to Cobalts, Biscaynes to Bel Airs, Malibus to Monte Carlos, Nomads to Luminas, Tahoes to Suburbans, Colorados to Silverados, Cavaliers to Vegas, Berettas to Blazers and Chevy IIs to Chevelles will be on display during the new season.
If it boasts a bow tie, it likely will be represented on the track, in the car show, car corral or at the swap meet that anchor the world’s largest all-Chevy drag race and car show. The Chevrolet smorgasbord once again will be televised as the Menards Chevy Series on the Velocity Network in the fourth quarter of 2016
According to Lex Dudas, General Manager of Maple Grove Raceway and president of the association that produces the Super Chevy Show Series along with the Fun Ford Series and the Mega Mopar Series, the 2016 Super Chevy Show schedule is the most diverse in history with stops in California, Texas, Michigan, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Missouri, Tennessee, North Carolina and Colorado as well as New Hampshire and Louisiana.
“It’s always great to be able to introduce the Super Chevy Show to new audiences,” Dudas said, “and we’re excited about taking the show into Shreveport and back to Epping. Chevy is as American as it gets and Chevy enthusiasts are the most loyal you’ll find. That’s why the series has been so successful.”
New host track operators also are excited about the series. Joe Lombardo, General Manager at New England Dragway said, “the Epping track previously hosted a Super Chevy Show almost 10 years ago and it was so popular that we have had car clubs continue to ask us ever since if we will get one back. Now we have that opportunity on a long term basis and are excited about joining the other tracks in the series.”
Chris Payne a member of the new ownership group at Heartland Park Topeka is looking forward to hosting a great event for car clubs in Kansas and surrounding states, and utilizing their entire multi-purpose facility. Chris described it as “Heartland Park Topeka was built for events the size of a Super Chevy Show. We have enough paved pit area for car clubs from all over to park together and make a festive weekend out of it. At the same time they can race their car down the drag strip that NHRA stars compete on, and we plan to have autocross or a road course challenge that participants can tryout as well.”
2016 SUPER CHEVY SHOW SCHEDULE
May 14-15 Virginia Motorsports Park Petersburg, Va.
May 21-22 U.S. 131 Motorsports Park Martin, Mich.
July 2 Texas Motorplex Dallas, Texas
July 15-17 Maple Grove Raceway Reading, Pa.
August 12-13 Bandimere Speedway Denver, Colo.
Sept. 16-18 New England Dragway Epping, N.H.
Sept. 24-25 Rockingham Dragway Rockingham, N.C.
Sept. 30-Oct. 2 Bristol Dragway Bristol, Tenn.
Oct. 15 Gateway Motorsports Park St. Louis, Mo.
Oct. 22-23 Heartland Park Topeka, Kan.
Nov. 5-6 Auto Club Famoso Raceway Bakersfield, Calif.
Nov. 12-13 Thunder Road Raceway Park Shreveport, La.