Comments Off on SUPER CHEVY SHOW SERIES ANNOUNCES EXPANDED 2012 SCHEDULE
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (October 19, 2011)
Comments Off on Virginia Motorsports Park 2011 Super Chevy Show Schedule and Pricing
Comments Off on Paul W. McGuire – 1972 Camaro
I am a past Car Show Winner at the Super Chevy show in Palm Beach Gardens, FL at Palm Beach International Raceway. I was a class winner in the 2009 show. My 72 Camaro had won many car shows but the Super Chevy show was special. Most local shows are judged by local club members, I in fact have judged many car shows myself. But the Super Chevy was judged by a national judging team and that was a thrill to win at a Super Chevy show. I’m attaching some spec’s of the Camaro and some pictures from the day of the show.
- 383 Stroker complete short block that was balanced and blueprinted by Wheeler Power Products in Jacksonville, FL. It has forged flat top pistons and 4 bolt mains and Canton oil pan with windage tray.
- Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads, 72cc chambers w/200cc intake volume
- Comp Cams Extreme Energy XE274 cam with Comp pushrods and Comp magnum roller rockers with poly locks. Comp valve springs and roller timing chain.
- ARP Head Bolts, Melling oil pump, Fel Pro gaskets.
- Edelbrock PermaStar intake EPS # 2701 with a 650 Mighty Demon carb and K&N air filter.
- Headers are Jet Hot coated Dynomax with the American Thunder exhaust by Flowmaster.
- Ignition is a MSD 6AL with a MSD Pro Billet Distributor & MSD Blaster SS coil.
- American Racing Torq-Thrust II wheels & BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires
- For cooling I have the Edelbrock Victor Jr. water pump and Dual 11″ Spal electric fans and a Be Cool Alum radiator.
- The trans is a TCI “Sizzler” Turbo 350 and a TCI “Street Fighter” torque convertor with the Hurst Dual Gate shifter.
- The rear end has a new Eaton Posi unit with 3.23 Richmond gears and a set of Lakewood traction bars.
- All of the speed parts were bought thru Summit Racing and Jeg’s. Dress up includes valve covers and wire looms from Billet Specialites and the billet pulleys and brackets are from Zoops. My new Sanden compressor makes the A/C work well.
- Complete interior restoration
- New dash from National Parts Depot
- New Console from Classic Industries
- Autometer Carbon Fiber Electric gauges
- Seat covers and seat foam are correct Camaro replacement parts
- Pioneer CD Deck & Pioneer speakers
Paul W. McGuire
Royal Palm Beach, FL